The rules at the Craps table include the wagers and the payouts. Apart from these basic rules, there are other unwritten rules that casinos implement at the Craps table. If you are a new player, after knowing the basic payouts, rules and gaming procedure, you should get to know these etiquette rules because you will be expected to abide by them at any casino.
Some of these rules are concerned with the security of each casino, including the following:
1. You are not permitted to handle the dice with your two hands. This includes shaking the dice in your hands before you throw them. Players are also expected to keep their hands within the surface of the craps table while they are handling the given dice.
2. The players who are throwing the dice are required to throw the dice and to make them hit the other side of the table. Rolls that do not reach the other wall of the Craps table are called Mellenberg Rolls. Some casinos allow these rolls if they get past half the distance to the other wall. Any dice rolls that do not hit the other wall or even get past half the distance will have to be repeated because these short rolls can be controlled to an extent.
3. Players should toss the dice and throw them on the table. They should not slide them.
4. If the thrown dice hit other players or the hand of the dealer and gets back to the table, they can be counted providing the players did not interfere with the rolled dice. Some casinos might take the easy way out and deem these no rolls and lets the player throw them again.
5. At some casinos, players will be able to call bets. Calling bets means they can place bets if they are waiting for their chips — they will call the bet and place it when they get the chips. Casinos that dont allow such bets will have the words No Call Bets printed on the table of the game.
6. Casinos have the right to ask Craps players to leave the table at any given time without having to give any specific reasons.
7. Place the chips slowly instead of throwing them or tossing them on the Craps table
8. Whenever players are offered the dice to shoot, they can give it to any other players at the table.
9. When players place service bets, which are bets that the dealers place for them, they should tip them.
10. Players will tip dealers by throwing the tip on the table and saying For the Boys or For the Dealers. Both of them work even if there are female dealers at the Craps table.